• If you are using Prismax for preventative maintenance, use Prismax on an as-needed basis or after coloring, highlighting, or chemical processes such as Keratin Treatments and relaxers to protect hair from drying out. You can use Prismax immediately after professional coloring/highlighting procedures. If you use at-home hair dyes, please wait at least 48 hours before using Prismax because this treatment is heat-activated. Please wait 15 days after Keratin Treatments and relaxers before using Prismax.
• If you are using Prismax to repair/hydrate damaged hair, use Prismax monthly for at least 5 months, then enjoy up to 10 months of softer, healthier hair. If you process your hair, continue to use Prismax for preventative maintenance. Results are noticeable after the first treatment. Each subsequent treatment produces longer-lasting and more profound results!
1. Start with clean hair. Do not use conditioner or oils before the Hair Botox treatment.
We recommend using the Prismax clarifying shampoo.
2. Remove excess moisture until hair is slightly damp.
3. Dilute the complete vial of Prismax Hair Botox with 3.5oz of room-temperature water (less than 104°F) and mix until creamy.
4. Apply the mixture strand by strand from root to tip using a small brush until the hair is fully saturated.
5. Thoroughly massage the strands to work the product into the hair. Continue until the hair botox is evenly applied on the hair with no clumps.
6. Place a protective plastic cap over the hair and heat the hair for 20 minutes. (10 minutes for bleached hair.)
We recommend using a hooded hair dryer, thermal heating cap, or the Prismax bonnet hair dryer attachment.
7. Lightly rinse your hair with cold water, leaving half of the product in your hair to continue moisturizing. Your hair should still have some slip remaining.
8. Dry and style your hair to your preference.
We recommend using a blow-dryer and rounded brush to dry the hair then flat-ironing to help seal the product into the cuticles for longer-lasting effects. Set the flat iron to 350℉ and pass it through the hair 2-3 times.
Warning: If using on fine hair or color treated hair lower the temperature to 300℉-325℉.
Daily Maintenance: Use the Prismax Leave-In Conditioner: Total Protection Blow Dry Cream daily to help keep your hair soft and moisturized throughout the day.
Our multifunctional formula can be used after washing or before blow-drying for thermal protection and reduced drying time. Or, use on towel-dried hair to tame frizz and add shine!
Remember: Do not use any hair care products that contain sulfates (shampoos, conditioners, hair masks, etc.) after applying Prismax Hair Botox for longer-lasting effects. Sulfates strip moisture from the hair.
We recommend the Prismax Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Prismax Sulfate-Free Conditioner, available here.