YOUR 2C HAIRCARE CALENDAR
Use this interactive calendar to see daily haircare guidelines based on your curl pattern.
WHAT IS TYPE 2C HAIR?
This type of hair has more defined waves and loose curls all over the head. You might find that your hair can be quite frizzy and resistant to styling. This type of hair also loses curl definition very easily. So, try one of these care tips for type 2c hair for some great results.
CARING FOR 2C WAVY HAIR
First thing’s first: battling the frizz. Your hair is on the lower spectrum of the curl chart, where frizz can get pretty unruly. Just about anything, from weather to the way you wash your hair, can impact the frizziness and texture of your strands, so give them the TLC they deserve!
- Stop Using Products With Sulfates And Water-Insoluble Silicones
- With the exception of Silicone Quaternium-16 (special case, a polymer-type silicone that bonds to damaged areas and is not supposed to accumulate on top of itself.) Regular shampoo contains sulfates, which causes hair to be dry and frizzy. Once you switch to a silicone-free conditioner, you won't need sulfates due to the lack of excess silicones on your hair that need to be dissolved by the sulfates.
- Squish To Condish.
- Don't Use A Towel.
- When you get out of the shower, use a t-shirt to scrunch as much excess water out of your hair as possible (don't use a towel, it causes frizz).
- Before Drying Your Hair, Scrunch And Plop Your Hair For 10 Minutes
- Let Your Hair Air-Dry Or Use A Diffuser.
- Detangle Your Hair When Dry Once Per Week Before Showering
- Only Comb Your Hair When It's Wet (Unless detangling prior to showering)
- Brushing your hair when it's anything but sopping wet can cause instantaneous frizz. The best thing to do with wavy hair is to comb through it either in the shower or right after getting out when it is still dripping wet. Particularly with type 2a, fine hair dries so quickly that it has to either be combed immediately or not at all.
- Reduce Your Washing Frequency. Wash Hair Every 3-4 Days.
- Only Apply Conditioner From The Ears Down.
- Do not apply to the scalp. The additional amount of conditioning will help retain shininess of hair and sleek appearance.
- Do Not Wash Your Hair With Hot Water.